Need to Know
What you need to know if you are thinking of getting a pelleting plant
Agricon is in the business of pelleting. We focus on the compression of most loose materials where consistency and physical attributes needs to be improved. This includes animal feeds, fertilisers, and biomass products. The service includes a custom-made plant for each situation, all based on the patented design of the Agri-machine as a standard template.
When you call an Agricon representative, they will need the following information to help us design you a plant that will be tailored to your needs.
Watch a short video on the pelletizing process below:
General information Agricon needs to give you the best equipment options:
- Do you already have a Hammer Mill, and what size is the grids in the Hammer Mill?
- Do you have Mixers or Hoppers available to blend and condition the mixture for pelleting? Is it mounted on a Scale?
- What Pellet machine capacity do you need per hour? Please also provide you power connection in kVa so we can advise if you have enough power available for the chosen machine
- What Cooling system will you follow? Automated or natural cooling. This will influence if you can pack your pellets immediately, or need to wait for it to cool.
- In Bagging systems, we can offer semi- to fully automated bagging systems
- Do you have Stitching machines to close your bags?
- Any other relevant information like the type of product, moisture content and the size of the pellets you need.
What size 340/400 volt transformer do you have?
Is it a 25kVa, 50kVa or 100kVa? If not, do you have a large transformer, or do you need a generator to drive your plant?
Manual or Automatic?
Do you want a basic manually operated system, or would you like a fully automatic system?
Any other questions?
If you are unclear about any of the above questions or information, we will gladly explain them to you, as well as the reason why we need to know the above information. Agricon will handle all the information we receive as confidential.
Delivery time on special equipment is between 4 and 8 weeks. We will keep you up-to-date with our progress at all times and give you an estimated delivery time when you are ready to place your order. Agricon also keeps huge amounts of stock and equipment that may be available immediately.